Ahhhh August! Still summer time here in our favorite little mountain town. We've been busy! The flowers are bursting over the fence, the open house was a HUGE success, Luna is getting way too BIG and we have 5 NEW artists you must come and see!!!
As we roll right through the beginning of the month we are so excited to share with you are Artist of the Week(ish)...
1. How did you discover your craft? At camp when I was 9 years old. It was love at first touch.
2. How long have you been mastering your craft? Gosh do I have to reveal my age?????
3. Where do you live in Colorado? Aspen and Denver, 50/50.
4. How did you get to Colorado if you are not originally from here? I used to live in France, my brother used to live here and when I decided to move back to the states, he suggested it.
5. What specifically inspires you and your work? NATURE
6. Tell us something fun about you and what you do? I speak paltry french and can blow huge bubbles with bubble gum.
7. What are your three favorite foods? Sushi, Sushi, and Sushi. And oh yeah, Ice Cream.
8. What time of day do you feel most inspired? Hard question, could be any time depending on my mood.
9. If you could have any other talent, what would it be? SING
10. Tell us the most unique fact about you that people wouldn’t normally know or is there anything else that you would like to share with your adoring public? Just that I am thrilled every time someone enjoys my work, even if they don't buy it.
Our 5 fabulous, fun, and funky new Artists:
Kaitlynd Zimmer: "Kaitlynd Bahama" she calls herself as she creates hand made jewelry inspired by the beautiful islands of Bahamas. From stackable bracelets to stunning necklaces, its like you're at the beach!
Ippy Farnam: Ski and Snowboard art just got a whole lot cooler now that Ippy has turned them into art! Mosaic art to be exact! Whether you want abstract or the "Four Seasons of Aspen", she has truly put her own stamp on ski customizing!
The Good Goat: By milking her four adorable goats, Kelly creates the most luscious lotions and soaps right in her own back yard! Natural Bamboo and Cucumber Melon our just two of the delicious scents that her 100% Organic, natural, and local products come in!
James Davis Designs: Using lightning to make art?! Yes, we thought that was crazy too, but James's one of a kind creations bring lightning indoors to enjoy up close and personal. Earrings to custom tables, he has lit up our store! He makes certain that you have an electrifying day!
True Nature Studios: Mother and daughter duo, create stackable bracelets that sparkle and shine! Dress them up or down there is one (or 10) for every occasion!