"I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry"
If you love food as much as we do then we think you'll enjoy these weekly recipe favorites!
At Aspen Emporium and Flying Circus
Roasted Walnut and Arugula Pesto with Lemon Seared Scallops
- 5oz Arugula (washed and spun dry)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Regianno (freshly ground)
- 3/4 cups walnuts (finely chopped-toasted in saute pan until dark and fragrant)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and smashed)
- C'est tout B0n (Roaring Fork Spice Co.) sold separately at the Emporium and Flying Circus)
- dash of sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup Ultra-premium EVOO (Medium to Robust Intensity) (EVOO Marketplace)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Walnut Oil (EVOO Marketplace)
- 1lb Scallops
- 4 tablespoons Ultra-Premium EVOO (Medium Intensity) (EVOO Marketplace)
- 4 tablespoons Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic (EVOO Marketplace)
In a food processor, combine together arugula, Parmesan, toasted walnuts, and lemon juice. Pulse until mixed together
Through the mouth of the processor, feed in the oils whisked together in a small stream (thinner than a pencil).
Season (salt and pepper) to taste.
Whisk together salt, EVOO and balsamic to form a temporary emulsion
Place scallops in freezer bag with marinade/emulsion and seal; be careful to expel all air from the bag. Leave 30 minutes
Sear scallops in hot sauté pan until lightly firm on both sides, flipping only once. Total cook time 3-5 minutes or until done.